Tuesday 16 November 2010

ORAL PRESENTATION - EXPOTERRARIA



H
ello, i'm Elvira and in this oral presentation i'm going to speak about Expoterraria.

In the powerpoint you can see photos that i took of the animals of this year edition.


Expoterraria is a like a market of buy-sell reptiles, amphibians and arthropods.

It's celebrated every year in Barcelona.

I knowed about this three years ago, when i started to be interested in reptiles, in a forum.

I saw it and I commented about it to my parents and asked if I could go and they thought that it could be interesting and we went to my first Expoterraria.

Now I'm still going but for my parents it now isn't still interesting... and, for example, this year I went with a friend.


I like very much the hobby of reptiles and for me Expoterraria is a good oportunity to see good animals or strange ones and meet some people that i'm friends with and who are in the hobby too.

I have some friends that I know, in a forum that I'm member, of which i meet every edition.

I like it because I don't have many people with i can speak about it.


Expoterraria is celebrated in a big space and inside are a lot of tables.

These are rented by breeders or somebody who sells products for these animals. They put on them the animals or the products and you can go and buy all do you want.

There are breeders from a lot of countries, the furthest from Hungry.

There you can find reptiles (lizards, geckos, turtles, chamaleons and snakes), arthropods, amphibians and fishes.

The most common are snakes, lizards, geckos and frogs and for me the most interesting are snakes, my favourite reptiles.

You can find different kind of snakes and for all species different genethic mutations of colour and pattern, and sometimes more strange ones, like scale-less snakes.


This hobby isn't very extended in Spain, and this market isn't very big (like 200 tables) but in Germany there are one, the most important in Europe, that's ten times bigger, or more. To this one go breeders of EEUU, the best ones of the world.

This one, called Hamm, is one of my dreams and I think that in a few years I can visit it because every edition are people from here who go with car or bus.


Thank you for your attention i hope that you like it.
If anyone have any question I try to answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment