Tuesday 16 November 2010

MY SUMMER SPORT

In summer I only practise one sport, sailing.
I started to practise it when I had seven years in Sant Pere Pescador.
First we use a little boats call Optimist. I sailed with an optimist until the twelve years, and at the end I really hate them! Is very boring to be three hours alone with a small boat.
At therteen years old I start the 420 lessons. The 420 is a more big boat and needs two persons to sail, the boss, who drive the helm and the big sail, and the crewman, who control the little sail and the balance of the boat.
In the 420 I'm the crewman. I love it. Maybe some people thinks that be the crewman is easy, in apparence they only move the little sail when the boat turns and hung and relax when the wind is very high.
That's wrong, you have to be very concentrated when are hung, it's very difficult to be with the legs joined, on tiptoe and with the body stretched in the edge of the boat. At the end I put a photo of these position.
The crewman works to support the boat the most plane with the water possible. You have to have a good comunication with your boss and try to do it sailing at the more possible speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment