Friday 18 November 2011

ORAL PRESENTATION

TRANSCRIPTION
CHARACTERISTICS
The base of the british humour is the irony
Irony is a situation in where is an incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions.

Usually of the british humour is refined and smooth, with a good use of the language. It isn't easy humour based on bad words, bad situations of others... British humour wants you to think about some questions.

A great insult can be hide behind a good ironic words.

THEMES
In themes i'm going to explain the most representative themes of british humour.

Satire
Satire is to not have respect to the authority, an organization... something represent over us.

Absurd
A little bit difficult to explain. That uses the surrealism, something that doesn't seems real for the strange situation, dialogues...

Surreal and chaotic
Similar with the absurd but the situation can be real, you can imagine it.
That picture is a scene of “The young ones” a popular TV serie that has been emited in catalan with the name of “Els joves”.
Smut and innuendo
Make fun of the sexual acts, situations... all of us have a dirty mind and it's more easy.

Humour inherent in everyday life
The name says all. Mr. Bean is a very good example. Is the life of a little bit strange. The humour hasn't to provide of the main character, can be inherent in the environment or other people.

Parodies
Parodies make fun of british stereotypes.
That picture is a moment of “Little britain” one of the most actual representative ones that uses a lot this theme.

Black humour
The topics of the black humour are the ones that in the real life are very serious. Murders, funerals, horror... but all with a comedy back.
I can't remember if it was in foth of ESO or the last year but we saw a film called “Death at a Funeral”... a funeral where nothing can succeed right... that's black humour.

Practical jokes
The most representative programe here is Just for laughs. It pretends to film some actors making a joke to one innocent man or woman.


SELF EVALUATION

I think that I'm very nervous in all of my oral presentations and it's a think that I have improved with the time. It's more evident when i have them in english because I knows less this and I haven't all the resources that I have in catalan or spanish. In english if my mind decides to forget something is more stressing for me find another word to say it.
It's true that at the final I'm less nervous but I still shaking.

But, in the other hand, because I know it I prepare it better and all of memory. For me is better not read the guide because I put more nervous wanting the sentence and cutting the presentation, I don't like it.

Maybe my way to relax is having something in the hand and moving it all time. Maybe it seems ugly but one day one teacher says me that's a good way to concentrate and I can say that's true.

I'm satisfied with my oral presentation because I know that could be worse. I worked on it in home more that in other presentations.

Ever is something to improve, maybe watch more the peolpe or better corporal actitude, I wants to seem more secure but maybe I can work it with the other presentations we are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment